Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Big Day for Biglanes

The first day of school finally arrived at our house! With new lunchboxes (thanks Aunt Kay and Aunt Nancy) and bags in hand we officially started the 09-10 school year. Beau is in a class of 17 kindergartners. There are 10 of the most beautiful little girls in his class and 7 boys. I asked if Beau noticed how pretty the girls are in his class, and he gave me a great big smile and said, "They are and I share a cubby with one." (Smart boy!) Beau was a bit nervous because he and his little group of "buddies" were all split up this year and he didn't know any of the boys except 1 in his class this morning. But when I took him in and dropped him off he showed how resilient he is by making fast friends with a little boy named "Harris" who was playing with legos. Beau says they played Star Wars. "I was the bad guy and he was the good guy." When I picked him up I asked if he was okay with not having some of his friends from last year in class. Beau said, "I wish they were in my class. But I know I will get to see Cannon, Troy and Andy on the playground and breaks. And I will make new friends too, like Harris." Resilient! Now if Ali's day on Thursday only goes this well.........
Beau said this and that:
What do you think of your teacher? Mrs. Lancaster's nice. She gave me a hug for my happie you made me give her.
Best Part of Day: I got to be "line leader" on the first day of school. Cool!
Favorite thing you did? Play on playground
Who sits next to you? Brandon and I think his name is Gavin...I can't remember...I'll ask tomorrow.

1 comment: