Thursday, July 15, 2010

Beau's "Six-and-Six Months" Swimming Party

Beau has a January birthday, like me. I feel his pain in never getting to do anything "outdoors" for a themed birthday party. Last fall, Beau told us he wanted to have a "swimming party" for his sixth birthday. So we had a family-only party in January, and planned a "six-and-six months swim party" for Beau's friends. His party was July 10. He had a blast with about 25 kids swimming, diving, and sliding in 90+ degree heat. It was so much fun. I have to admit to 34 years of jealousy in seeing him get to swim on his "birthday". (Why didn't I think of this when I was growing up?) Maybe I can have a 35-and-five months party, next June. Ha!

1 comment:

  1. That’s a great thing you did. I completely understand how bad it feels like when you cannot have a pool party in January. Even I celebrated my birthday party in one of the event venues Chicago where there was pool and other water rides. It was a fun time!

    ReplyDelete