Sunday, October 25, 2009

"Someday I'll be an Ole Miss Girl"

Everyone knows we are Ole Miss fans. This weekend we went back to Oxford and the Grove for the Arkansas/Ole Miss game. Beau went to the Alabama game with Derick a few weeks ago and he told us this week he "didn't want to see the Rebels lose to Arkansas." (And yes, those words were like a knife to the heart.) He later clarified that he is very much still a Rebel (secondly to being a Florida/Vanderbilt fan first) and that he hoped the Rebels would win....but just wanted a week off. For two days in a row Ali said she wanted to go to this week's game with her "Poppy." (That is my Daddy.) My Dad didn't take me to my first game until I was four, so Ali going at three, was a stretch. But Ali's "AA and Poppy" decided they were up for taking her if she was up for going. And she stayed from the beginning of the second quarter until the very end of the game. Of course, they said she ate and took a nap during the game and came back with cotton candy as a souveneir. (Thanks Daddy and Ashley for indulging her every wish while still managing to enjoy the game!) Ali is so proud she went to the game...and she just might be good luck. "Poppy" bought Ali a shirt that she proudly is wearing around the house today. It reads, "Someday I'll be an Ole Miss Girl." And yes, Miss Ali, I hope one day you will be!

No comments:

Post a Comment